Posted by: bladders blues | 2009-02-06

urination is slow and not often

I take a 40 mg lasix first thing in the morning because of heart problems and high blood pressure. I have swelling in my ankles all of the time and wake up in the morning with my hands also swollen. My lasix works well at for about 2 -3 hours in the morning for getting rid of lots of urine, but after that I hardly go the rest of the day. When I do go it is small amounts and very dark. I need to know if this could be a kidney or bladder ploblem. I winter in the south for the winter and need to know if I should see someone before I go back north for the summer?

bladder blues

This is not a gynae problem. Consult your physician.

Posted by: Gloria | 2009-02-07

You should take your urine to the Pharmacy Clinic to have it tested for protein, blood, etc. They will tell you whether it is normal and whether further tests are required by a urologist. If your urine is dark, it means your fluid intake is insufficient. Try to stick to a low-salt diet. You will pass more urine and have less swelling.

Reply to Gloria