Posted by: Penelope | 2012-08-08

urination &  discharge

Hi I am a 35 year old woman.
I feel like I need to urinate frequently. What is the cause of this?
If it were an infection, what would be the symtoms? There seems to be a little pressure. What is it?

Then every now and again and currently i have a vaginal discharge that is a merky thickish and yellowish colour. There is no itching or burning. Is this an infection? COuld it be related to frequent need to urinate?

It has been ongoing for about a week or two. Yesterday I started using proctosedyl and am wondering if it is making things worse.

Sometimes after intercourse I have experienced burning. What is this from and once battled to urinate after intercourse, even though I felt desperate to urinate?

course of action

Also sometimes after intercourse

An urinary tract infection will present with frequent urination and a burning sensation after urination. Blood can be present in the urine. I think that your symptoms are due to a bacterial infection, hence the vaginal discharge and discomfort after intercourse. You will have to consult a doctor for an examination and urine analysis, as well as a papsmear, to have a proper diagnosis made. You might need a course of oral antibiotics.