Question
Posted by: Sadia | 2009/02/26

urinating blood

My 77 year generally healthy dad has been urinating blood for the pass 10 days. I am unable to afford the high cost of private doctors. The doctor at the public hospital informed me that testing cannot commence until the urination of blood doesn’ t stop. Until then what could this be caused as I was told that it could be prostrate cancer?

Dear Sadia
He can send urine to the lab for testing for infection, prostate cancer can be detected by a blood test and they can do a sonar while he is having blood in the urine. Insist on a referral to an urologist.