Question
Posted by: Miekè  | 2010/06/15

Urinary tract infection during pregnancy.

Dear Doc

Im 27 weeks pregnant and have a urinary tract infection, my docter says i have little bit traces of blood and protein in my urine, i was put onto a course of anti biotics, and today when he tested me, he said there is still traces of the blood and protein, so he gave me another 2 days of anti biotics.
He told me to drink lots of water, and doesnt look to worried, although i am! Is this bad for my baby?
Thank you very much.

Perhaps he could send a specimen to the lab to check that you are on the right antibiotics. With treatment, there should not be a problem.

3

Posted by: Zama | 2010/06/17

I had the exact same thing as you except that I actually had the nausea, fever and backache as well. I was on anti-biotics. It did not go away completely and I was put on a further course of antibiotics. The second time around I was also given cranberry pills. you can get them at any pharmacy or health store.

keep your water intake up.

Get well.

Reply to Zama
Posted by: me | 2010/06/17

Hi Miekie, a UTI is only dangerous to your unborn baby if it does not get cured and spreads to your kidneys. Please look out for fever, nausea and back ache (where your kidneys are). But I''m sure the extra 2 days of anti biotics will sort out that UTI. Drink lots of cranberry juice (only the 100%) and lots of water. goodluck!

Reply to me