Question
Posted by: Wilma | 2011-01-31

Urinary tract infection

At least once every 3 months or so I will suffer from urinary tract infections. Antibiotics is the only treatment that helps. I''ve tried herbal treatments such as Urikleer with no success. What could be causing these frequent infections?

Hallo Wilma
It is often caused by a narrowing in the urine tube or a kidney stone or the bladder that does not empty properly. If you get more than 3 infections in a year you should see an urologist for further tests so that they can try to find the cause. Repeated UTI's can cause kidney damage in the long term.

2
Posted by: Amber | 2011-02-02

I used to get urinary tract infection a lot (a few times a week) about 4 years ago. I know you said that you''ve tried herbal treatments, but I really found that Cranberry capsules and Reneel (part of the Heel range) really worked for me. I also found that if I take more than 15 min to go to the bathroom, I''d develop the infection again. It usually only takes 1 Reneel and 5 min later and the infection''s gone! hope it helps until you''re able to see a doctor :)

Reply to Amber
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-01-31

Hallo Wilma