Question
Posted by: Nana | 2009-01-21

Urinary tract infection

Hi Doc,

I don' t know if i should worry, but my doc treated me in December for a infection and I also received citrus soda etc, but it seems that the infection hasn' t cleared up, I recently went for tests for a life policy and was informed that I have blood in my urine again...could this be more serious then what the doctor thought it to be, I also have swelling in my legs and have been getting water tablets for that. I suffer from lower back pain a lot and have pain during sex as well..what could possible be wrong with me, I am married to a very good man and I know that i don' t have a disease related to sex...

please reply as I am confused.

Dear Nana
I think you should see your doctor again, the blood in the urine can be an indication of kidney disease, as can the swelling of the feet. If you have pain during sex you may have a cyst on the ovaria or other problem with the womb - this should not be painful. Your doctor may need to do a gynecological examination and a sonar to exclude cysts or any other problems

1
Posted by: Nana | 2009-01-22

Thank you, will do so...

Reply to Nana