Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2008/10/18

Urinary tract infection?

Hi doc,

About 2 years ago I had a not-so-serious UTI. I was recommended an ' alkali drink'  of some sort and the infection went away within 1 week or so.

About 4 days ago I started getting that ' itching/tickeling'  sensation just inside the tip of my urethra. There' s no pain at all, but I have noticed that my groins right lymph gland is slightly swollen. And just today I have noticed that I have a very slight ' cloudy'  discharge (hardly noticable, but there).

Should I just treat this as a regular UTI or should I get to a doctor?

Thanks in advance...

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you consult your GP for a urine MC&S (urine analysis), urethral swab, as well as a STD screening. He/she will also have to prescribe the correct antibiotics, depending on the results of the tests.

Kind regards