Posted by: atella | 2009-02-18

Urinary problems, suspicous discharge

My dog, a 13 year old Weimaraner, is having urinary problems, I think. He is a neutered male. There has been a yellowish discharge from his penis in small amounts - this might be due to his age. But since the beginning of this week it appears to be mixed with blood. His skin appears red as if he has a fever and his nose is sometimes dry as well. He seems to be having problems urinating as his whole body looks like it goes into spasm. What might be wrong? And what can I do?

Dear Atella

Anything from a bladder stone to bladder cancer. Best to go to your vet.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-02-18

Give him what the vet tells you to give him.

The treatment for cancer isn' t quite the same as that for a bladder infection.

This dog is sick, and you' re worried he' s in pain - what are you waiting for? GO TO THE VET!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: atella | 2009-02-18

Thanks - do you think he is in pain? What can I give him?

Reply to atella