Posted by: nozipho | 2011-12-02

Urinary problem

Hello doctor.I am a third year constantly bombarded with family members nd i only know so little at the moment.
My grandmom says she does not urinate during the day no matter how much water she takes but she only feels the urge to urinate when she lies that there any explanation for it.

During the day, a person looses water through perspiration, breathing and the passing of stools. When we lie down, the improved blood flow to the kidneys, improves the production of urine and this can be the reason for her to only urinate at night and not during the day.

I do however, suggest that your grandmother consults a doctor for blood tests and a 24 hour creatinin clearance test, in order to evaluate her kidney function.