Question
Posted by: Lalitha Naidoo | 2010/07/27

Urinary incontinence in female dogs

I have a 5 year old female x terrier . We had her spayed when we got her from the SPCA . She was under a year old. She has since developed urinary incontinence . Our vet has given her an ECP injection a week ago . The problem is with our 9 year old german shepherd has become increasingly sexually active around her and constantly mounts her . Will he continually be like this around her or will this pass gradually . He was also neutered years ago .

Hi Lalitha

This behaviour is probably associated with the injection of ECP. Ovariectomized bitches administered estradiol became increasingly attractive to males and in some instances show passive behavior characteristic of late proestrus. This is obviously affecting your Old German Shepherd. The effect on your GSD will hopefully pass as the drug is metabolised by the female.

I hope this helps.

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/07/27

Hi Lalitha

I hope this helps.

Reply to CyberVet