Question
Posted by: Frustrated | 2009-06-05

URINARY FREQUENCY WITHOUT INCONTINENCE

Hi I' ve suffered with Urinary Frequency for a good number of years now and it' s driving me crazy. It' s as though I never feel properly releaved and can sometimes go 4-5 times within an hour. I also need to go a good 4 times or so before being able to fall asleep as I feel the slight urge. I tend to wake up 1-2 times at night to go as well. I have no incontinence, no pain just the inability to feel releaved it' s as though there' s always a little more no matter how long I sit for. I usually have to deel with the urge until my bladder' s full and then try again and sometimes that does the trick. I' ve had a cystoscopy and they fould inflammation in the bladder, did a biopsy but was fine. Was put onto a 3 month course of Enablex and Macrodantin which seemed to help but was quite costly. I now take Urispas if absolutely desperate. What can I do? Should I just take the Urispas 3 times a day every day for the rest of my life or carry on living in frustration, it' s terrible.

Unfortunately, you did not provide me with your sex but I suggest that you continue taking the Urispas and to re-consult the urologist about your problem. There might be chronic irritation in the bladder, as well as the sphinger controlling the urge. Your urologist will be able to give your more advice after another cystoscopy.

1

I do not have to go frequently and do not get the urge to go. I feel full and uncomfortable and then I know I must go. Is this normal?