Question
Posted by: Heidi van Zyl | 2009-12-11

Urgent wrong meds dispensed

My docter prescribed wellbutrin xl 300mg. On the tablets is printed gs5yz. It came in a small plastic bottle. When I went to get my next batch the pharmacist dispensed a blister pack and on the back is printed wellbutrin SR and on the tablet is printed gxch7. I don’ t know what the mg is. I searched the web and it is said that the wellbutrin SR only goes up to 200mg. Please help. I believe he dispensed the wrong meds because he didn’ t have the correct ones. I can not take the chance of taking the wrong dosage. I just became stable. It is hell to get to this point. Please help urgently.

Heidi

I doubt that the pharmacist has made a mistake but I suggest that you ask him/her if the tablets are the same.