Question
Posted by: Worried | 2010/08/04

URGENT SWINE FLU

Hi. Please can you advice. My colleague who is 3months pregnant has contacted SWINE flu, she has been put on the TAMI meds, what are the chances of her baby surviving? I have been in contact with her and one other person who has the SWINE flu - I am breast-feeding and my baby is 4 months old. Should I get tested? Can my baby get the virus via me breastfeeding her. I am truely worried for both my colleague and my baby. Please help!!!!

Hallo Worried
It won't help to get tested unless you have symptoms. Most pregnant women who get swine flu do not get severely ill although they have a higher risk of developing complicatons like pneumonia. There is also only a very small risk of miscarriage. Just watch out for flu symptoms for yourself and your baby: fever, sore body, coughing, sore throat, headache, runny nose, diarrhoea and vomiting. See your doctor if you have any symptoms

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/04

Hallo Worried