Posted by: Ann | 2008-11-12

Urgent, pse help

Morning Doc
I have been very ill with the flu about a week ago, now I was stubborn and did not stay in bed as was told. Been to doc, got anti biotics etc. I also recently started going on Femodene. My problem is, for the last 3 days Ive been expieriencing severe dizzy spells, feel light headed all day. I' ve stopped with the anti biotics as I feel very sick and cannot take any pills.I have however tried disprins, to no avail. Im avoiding caffeine etc, what ever can trigger the head aches. Strange enough it doesnt feel like a head ache, but more like a deep pressure causing me to feel light headed. Im scared as Im driving a long distance to work every day and constant feel like fainting. I dont know if it could be from the pill or is it still the flu maybe coming back? Pse advise.

Dear Ann
The dizziness and light headedness could be a complication of the flu (maybe your body will force you to stay in bed now!) But please let your doctor have a look at your blood pressure and test for vertigo as it is dangerous to drive when feeling like this.