Question
Posted by: Heidi van Zyl | 2009/12/11

Urgent Please wrong meds

My docter prescribed wellbutrin xl 300mg. On the tablets is printed gs5yz. It came in a small plastic bottle. When I went to get my next batch the pharmacist dispensed a blister pack and on the back is printed wellbutrin SR and on the tablet is printed gxch7. I don’ t know what the mg is. I searched the web and it is said that the wellbutrin SR only goes up to 200mg. Please help. I believe he dispensed the wrong meds because he didn’ t have the correct ones. I can not take the chance of taking the wrong dosage. I just became stable. It is hell to get to this point. Please help urgently.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Heidi

In South Africa Wellbutrin is available as SR 150 mg(60 per pack) and XL (extended release tablets) 150mg and 300mg (packs of 30)

“GS5YZ” is the XL 300 mg tab, whilst "GX CH7" the SR 150 mg - Two of the last one would be similar as the first.

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/07/09

Am having a brother who was ab addicted to the drug called 'NYAOPE' av never seen it I dnt evn knw wht it looks like. Then he went to on jail for month whn he came back he told us he is no longer using drugs. So I found this pills GS5YZ on his drawer am worried if he is taking drugs again.HELP PLEASE

Posted by: pharmacist | 2009/12/14

Hi Heidi

Reply to pharmacist