Posted by: SERIOUS AND VERY WORRIED | 2009-04-14

my granmother is having problems with her foot, her foot has turned black around the ankle,shin has no blood activity and there is constant swelling her skin is turning like and elephant skin and it' s very dry. please assist as nobody can advise us on what is going and she is too much pain and i am starting to get worried....please advise if i can take her to a specialist to look at her situation as no doctor can help PLEASE, PLEASE....

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Serious

I suggest that you take your grandmother to a vascular specialist, they will do a complete test of the circulation of the lower limb. It certainly sounds like a vascular problem to me in which case you should take her as soon as possible.