Question
Posted by: SPINNING | 2008/06/26

URGENT PLEASE

I have been feeling under the weather for the last month now. About a month ago at work one day I went to the bathroom and as I got out the door I felt so dizzy I couldn't breathe. It then went away for a week. After that it started occur more often it was so bad at one stage that it felt like I was going to die, my face was red, I had cold shivers my knees became numb and I felt scared.
So far doctors did all the tests possible and all are negative especially a pregnancy test. Now I have been treated for a stomach virus and a bladder infection and an ear infection with two different antibotics and ear drops. None of them are working. Please help I am tired of being dizzy every single day.

Dear Spinning
"dizzy" is a vague term that can mean "feel that I am going to faint" - which is usually a feeling of getting a "blackout" - symptoms are weak knees, your face becomes pale, your ears ring and you see spots in front of your eyes and as soon as you lie down the feeling goes away. This is called syncope.
It can also mean "I am off balance and the world is spinning" - this is a feeling of being off balance, it causes nausea and does not go away when you lie down. You can even feel dizzy when just turning your head on the pillow. This is called vertigo.

Examination for the two is very different and can involve a lot of special testing.
See http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dizziness/DS00435

Have you had an ECG of the heart yet?