Question
Posted by: ZEENETH | 2010-11-05

Urgent Obese

Dear Dr.

I need urgent help!!!!!!!I have tried several diets and the minute I start to concentrate too much on the diet I tend to be more hungry than ever. I have heard of CIPLATRIM and that it does work how can I obtain a prescrition without going to a doctor.

Dear Zeeneth
According to my copy of MIMS (which lists the medications available in SA), Ciplatrim is classified as a Schedule 5 drug, which means that it can only be prescribed by a medical doctor. I would, therefore, recommend that you consult your family doctor and discuss the use of Ciplatrim with him/her. Also make sure that the slimming diet you use is balanced and not so low in energy that it constantly makes you hungry, irritable and tired. Starvation diets are not healthy and usually do not produce satisfactory results.

4
Posted by: Leatitia | 2011-01-12

I am on Eltroxin for the last 21 years and still gaining weight at an alarming rate which diet tablet is effective and save with eltroxin?

Reply to Leatitia
Posted by: Andy | 2010-11-16

I have lost 17 kg over the last 10 months. I achieved this by eating healthy food (no animal fat, no process carbs, 6 meals a day, etc) and by exercising 3 to 5 times a week (20 minutes at a time). Do yourself a favour and forget about dieting, it does not work. If you are really serious about this, go and read a book called " The Abs Diet" . It explains nutrition and exercise very well. It was the first time that I understood the whole nutrition/exercise balance - and it works!!! (with a bit of discipline - and no hunger pains and cravings that diets give you).

Reply to Andy
Posted by: rosemary | 2010-11-12

i have tried many diets and even herbex products and gaining weight faster than before. i consulted with my doctor and she prescribed Obesan X tablets, are they effective?

Reply to rosemary
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-11-05

Dear Zeeneth