Posted by: Mommy | 2009-01-20

Urgent: Need to ask Domestic to leave

I am in a situation where i cannot afford my domestic worker. She works for me once a week and has been with me for 5 yearsA a year ago i managed to get her work at my mother and sisters houses. She refused to sign a contract with me. She works on a No work is no pay. I pay her R90 p/day and she works from 8-2 once a week. i would love to keep her but i am a single mommy, i receive no maintenance and unfortunately a domestic is a luxury.
Please help, what do i have to do to ??

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

You need to go through an excercise to retrench in terms of section 189 of the Labour Relations Act. Please go on to the website to check the Labour Relations Act and follow whatever it asks you to do in terms of that section.