Posted by: B | 2010-03-12

Urgent Need advise on blood tests

I desperatly need to have blood test done, but my fear of blood test is so bad that I cannot get myself there, I am not scared of needles , and neither of blood , but having a blood test done is the most terrifing thing in my world, can they put me under to do the tests or what else can I do please help

They will not give you general anaestesia for a blood test but you can ask your doctor for a tablet to calm you prior to the test.

Posted by: John | 2010-03-12

No, it is not that bad. I do not like the idea of putting needles into my body, but it is not that bad. It depends on the tests, how much blood they take, but it is only one needle. Then they " plug"  in differend tubes.

Reply to John