Posted by: monique | 2012-10-15

urgent kidney problem or something

for a few days now i have a dull cotinues pain in my right lower back, i presume its my kidney and it goes towards the side and lower abdomen and it does not go away i see that if i take cranberry pills it helps so i don''''t know if i have a kidney infection or can this be more serious?

i also feel very bloated recently and just generally unwell, i have been diagnosed with diabetes 2 and i drink metformin for that i am eeting much more healthy no sugar but when i test myself the readings is about 6.8 to 7 every time what more can i do to stabiliza this also with my above mentioned problem?

Being a diabetic, you will be prone to infections and I think that your pain might be due to an urinary tract infection. I strongly suggest that you consult your doctor for an urine tests, as you will need a course of oral antibiotics if you do in fact have an urinary tract infection.

Your diabetes is also not well controlled and your doctor will have to re-evaluate your medication.

Kind regards

Posted by: lyn | 2012-10-16

there is a fantastic product that i take to stablise blood sugar - it is from Manna www mannaplus com - look at the products list and the product is called blood sugar support - you can get it at dischem or clicks - it helps with high and low blood sugar - it stablises it

Reply to lyn
Posted by: Tanya | 2012-10-15

Sorry to hear about your problem Monique. As a matter of interest, do you take a lot of over the counter pain tablets?

Reply to Tanya