Question
Posted by: Alta van Deventer | 2009-07-31

URGENT ITCH RELIEVE PLEEEEASE!!!!

I had a hemorrhoidectomy 3 weeks ago. It was probably the best thing I' ve ever done and I' m healing well. But I battle with some SERIOUS and very embarrasing itching. My doctor told me there' s nothing I can do about it, but I find it very hard to believe - due to the fact that it drives me insane. Do you have ANY solution please. Besides the itching during the day and night, I wake up every morning between 3 and 5 and don' t know what to do. It is really bad. Please tell me there' s something I can do, or how long it will last....

Thanking you in anticipation.
Alta van Deventer

Expert ImagePharmacist

Alta, some doctors prescribe anaesthetic gels/cream which are applied locally for this purpose. Examples include anugesic.