Posted by: newbie mom | 2009-02-03

urgent help- pregnancy

I am very concerned at the moment. I had terrible cramps in my stomach and later lower abdoman on Sunday. My husband took my into emergency room at 2am as the pain was awful. The doc could work out what was wronf summing it up to abdominal colic. It' s now Tues and cramps are there but less stabbing and my whole abdoman is very tender to touch. When I urinate the muscles ache but the urine does not burn and is clear.

I' ve read about ectopic pregnancies and am VERY worried that this could be it? I' m now 8 wks and I know this is when symtoms begin to surface. My gynae is fully booked until 17th Feb and I don' t know what to do? Should I go back to a GP or wait and see is my cramps settle down... could this be a tummy bug, even without a running tummy just cramps?

Please help, I' m very worried.

It does sound like the pain is settling, but the only way to exclude an ectopic pregnancy is to have a scan.

Posted by: FTM | 2009-02-04

Please don' t wait!!!

If they haven' t confirmed the baby to be in your uteris it can very well be etopic and very dangerous to you!

Hope everything will be fine!

Reply to FTM
Posted by: Pip | 2009-02-03

I would suggest that you try another option whereby a dr can take a scan to see whether it is indeed eptopic. I went to the ER at Sandton medi-clinic and waited for the gynae on call to assist me, he took me to his rooms and did a scan...

Reply to Pip