Question
Posted by: minki | 2010-11-22

Urgent Eye ball pain

i have slight not unbearable discomfort or maybe slight pain in my left eyeball only, it is on the top eyelid area and is mostly noticeable to me when i touch the area , i also seem to have light sensitivity in that eye? what could it be i suffer from a lot of allergies?

Also my 4 yr old son is not circumcised and scratches his penis a lot, i wash it with baby soap and water the entire penis but i dont push any foreskin back or anything i generally just soap the entire penis up and rinse it well. Should i be cleaning it in a special way or does the itch mean maybe circumcision is required and would that be a good op at age 4 or maybe later. Txs

Minki

Sensitivity of the eyeball, as well as pain and discomfort, should be well investigated by your doctor. An allergy can definately cause the discomfort but then itching will be present. There are several conditions that can cause the discomfort and pathological causes like glaucoma has to be excluded. Glaucoma is raised pressure inside the eyeball that can cause pain and discomfort with visual disturbance.

A circumcision at age 4 is well tolerated and safe. To have this operation done, holds many benefits. Excessive washing of the penis will cause irritation and itchiness. Good hygiene will be to keep the penis clean by simply wiping it with a wet cloth. It is a very good practice to retract the foreskin over the penis when cleaning it. This prevents tightness of the foreskin.