Question
Posted by: JO | 2010/06/08

URGENT - ANTI DEPRESSANTS

Morning, can Nuzkak 20mg and Venlor 75mg be taking together? Do they both work differently?

I think they might be taken togeher, but I have never ever come across a situation in which it seemed wise to do so. And of course your prescribing doc / psychiatrist, should have checked this out carefully before prescribing it, and should have discussed the reasoning behind this unusual plan with you, along with any concerns or precautions.
They do work differently, but that does not make it wise to combine them.
Have you had a long history of severe depression which has not responded properly to ordinary use of such ADs on their own rather than in combination ? I could imagine a psychiatrist ( this is not then a situation which should be handled by a GP ) considering such a combination if a number of other drugs, properly used in full dose singly, were not helping. But I can't imagine using it from the start in a newly diagnosed depression. Do discuss it with the prescribing doc, who will surely want you to understand and be re-assured

1