Posted by: anon | 2008-12-08

urgent answer needed commission salary

Hi i recently started at a company on these terms:

Basic + comm

After my first month, I earned comm of R6500. When it came to pay day I was only paid the basic. She said she pays commission in arrears (something that was not agreed upon at the outset)

I then decided to leave as I found another job with a better salary structure.

When it came to the end of the following month I emailed her for my commission and she said now that I had left she would only pay it over as the clients paid her so I would get it in dribs and drabs. The 2nd month has now passed and I still have not received anything

Can you hold this back for the above mentioned reasons?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

They can't hold back on commission. Unfortunately you need to report this to the Commission for Conciliation Mediation and Arbitration as the Department of Labour don't normally help out with commission plans.