Posted by: honeybee | 2008-12-17

Please advise me - is my company allowed to refuse to pay salaried staff any proper overtime as in 1.3 or 1.5 and double time for overtime worked - instead they want to pay us R250 for each weekend day and any public holiday worked and then give us a day off in lieu of. Also we are only entitled to take a day off if we have worked 2 consecutive weekend days. We don' t get time off for any public holiday worked. Also we do not get paid for any overtime worked over our normal 8am - 5pm. We have been advised that we may only go home once our last client has left the building. I never leave our building before 6.30 at night - this constitutes 1.5 hours overtime daily. Is this within the law?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

They can force you to take time off in lieu of the time worked, you are entitled to time off, double for public holidays and you are entitled to be paid overtime.

Posted by: John | 2009-01-06

hi I want to know what is the market earnings for a hostel manager e,g is it a anglo band C4 or G roll for Kumba Iron ore? Is it equivalent to the pay of a forement?

Reply to John