Question
Posted by: wORRIED | 2008/08/21

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED RE PARVO VIRUS

GOOD DAY

My boerbull (4 months old) and cross labrador have both gotten parvovirus. Eventhough our lab had her injections a few days ago and our boerbul was due for his next lot this weekend

I' m currently 34 weeks pregnant and wanted to know if this can affect my baby at all ? i.e can it be transferred to humans

Also since we took them both into the vet as soon as they got sick, we noticed almost immediately that they were' nt well becasue they' re both such lovely lively puppies - how good are their chances of survival?

Dear Worried

If your dogs had injection against parvo and are due for the next injections the chances of survival is good. A four month old dog's chances is even better. The very young small dogs do not have a good survival rate.

Parvo is not known as a zoonoses ( disease that can affect humans)

1
Posted by: Carol | 2008/08/21

You and your baby are quite safe.

The pups chances of survival are excellant , I have saved many a dog and cat who was deemed unsaveable.

Make sure the pups are drinking water and give them cooked chicken and rice. They will be fine.

Reply to Carol