Question
Posted by: Dido | 2012-10-03

Urgent advice

I have noticed that for the past month - I am being followed by securityguides everytime I enter a grocery store or pharmacy. This has now escaled to my work place and banks. Is there a possibility that one might be mistaken for a wanted person, what are the implications and whom should I approach to get to the bottom this. Sometimes when I enter an office or store phones and walkitalki starts ringing(sometimes you could even hear the conversation) warning people of my presence and they start to become hostile or uncomfortable around me and would send me from one assistant to another. I have a feeling that the authorities are involved, otherwise how would one explain the transfer of a message from one venue/store/office to another within a short space of time.

I suppose its possible, but, as I'm sure you recognize, hardly likely. Its also possible, probably more so, that for one reason or another one has become excessively sensitive to the idea of being followed and watched, and may be interpreting things in that way even if they are not so. There are even really sneaky illnesses in which one becomes paranoid and feeling extremely vulnerable, watched and prejudiced, which respond very well to treatment, and which are thus always worth checking on, to be sure that one's concerns are as genuine as I'm sure they feel to you.
I'm assuming that there is no good reason why anyone would have any good reason to be suspicious of you. If you go shopping with a friend, do they notice anything at all odd ? Or is it only you who notice these things or interpret them in this way ?
It would be useful to see a psychiatrist and frnkly and in some detail to discuss these unpleasant experiences you describe. He may be able to identify the nature of the problem, and perhaps assist you in exploring what exactly is happening and why and what best to do about it ( shrinks are used to exploring such unusual experiences ) and perhaps also to give you some special medication to help you be less bothered by this and better able to cope with it.

1