Question
Posted by: des | 2012/01/18

urethral prolapse/diverticulum

Hallo Dr, Im 33 and been diagnosed with ?urethral prolapse/diverticulum which will be confirmed/or not, with an MRI in few days.

ive never been pregnant and am otherwise healthy.it manifested as a lump inside my vagina that none of the drs could diagnose,including gynae.I went to the dr because it started bleeding suddenly.

what is this and what would cause it in someone my age?what is the treatment?

Thanks alot.

Des

It called a urethrocele and can be the result of weakening of the urethra and a build up of pressure, resulting in the development of a small "pouch" forming. Refer to the following link for detailed information and treatment: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urethrocele