Posted by: Riaan | 2012-06-17

Urbanol, stilnox and champix

At the moment I am using 30 mg of Urbanol a day due to severe anxiety that has returned after 2 years of calm, I also take 2 - 3 stilnox a night to sleep. I really want to quit smoking and was thinking of going the champix route, how will it interact with the medication I am currently on?

It will be safe to use Champix with the above mentioned medication. Please however, note that 3 Stillnox tablets at night, is an excessive dose and cause respiratory suppression.

Posted by: Riaan | 2012-06-26

Thank You for your answer, is there anything else you can recommend to sleep? I was on flunitrazepam but developed resistance to it and it stopped being effective, I haves suffered from insomnia for the past 5 years

Reply to Riaan
Posted by: Riaan | 2012-06-18

Thanks for the advice Tanya

Reply to Riaan
Posted by: Tanya | 2012-06-17

Riaan, anti-anxiety meds, sleeping meds and Champix are not regarded as a good mix. I would suggest you do some research on this mixture before going this route. I''m sure Champix is only available on prescription and if you do go to a
GP for this med. its best you disclose to him whatever other meds you are taking.

Reply to Tanya