Question
Posted by: B | 2012/10/05

Urbanol

I have severe depression the other half the bipolar, my killer. Have not seen my psychiatrist yet but have spoken briefly. Was prescribed Lexamil, Urbanol and Zopimed, I guess as a type of temporary bandaid. Script was brief 2weeks and now is only for Zopimed and Lexamil, what would be the reasoning for stopping the urbanol now. My anxiety restleness and agitation is still really hectic even though i have been seeing someone(psychologist) often to. i dont know, just to try anything to stay present to stay here.

OK, a rather wide strip of bandaid ; an antidepresant, a sedative tranquillizer and a sleeping med. If you are experiencing severe depression with severe agitation, the combination makes sense. Though the benzo family like Urbanol can cause depdency in some if used for more than a couple of months, I don't understand why if the prescription for the other 2 drugs were for a longer period, the Urbanol would be for only 2 weeks. I dont understand the thinking behind that - maybe it was an error, a slip of the pen, or maybe your shrink could explain it in a brief phone-call. Starting such a drug and then abruptly stopping it would not be a great idea to help someone who is agitated. Surely he is due to see you in person and soon ? Doctors should ALWAYS make provision for short urgent appointments when patients of theirs run into a crisis

1