Question
Posted by: rolette | 2008-11-27

urbanol

Hi CS i just called my psyhciatrist and asked him for a perscription for urbanol which he has prescribed to me and he wont give it to me he says i must see my GP why is that? as far as i know its a tranquiliser isnt it?

Yes, it's a tranquillizer, of the group that can cause dependency if one takes them for too long. Its generally recommended that they not be used for more than a couple of months without the person being re-assessed as to whether this treatment should be continued or changed ; and its not a drug it's recommended to prescribe by phone or otherwise without examining the person

1
Posted by: Emma | 2008-11-27

Please be very careful when taking Urbanol. It is addictive and the withdrawl symtoms are awful. I have tried to come off it and I have not managed it. I have been taking it for far too long. So go and see your doc and perhaps ask for some non addictive meds.

Reply to Emma