Question
Posted by: wife to b | 2008-11-10

ur opinions plz

my man whom i have been with for the past 7 years wants us to get married, we have 2 children together. in the past 7 years together he has cheated on me several times and i forgave him always, at the moment there are no reasons why i would think he is cheating on me, i dont know if he has changed or he is on break and will go back to his cheating again, what i know is i dont want to go through that pain of being cheated on again, so i dont know as to how to handle my issue, i already said yes i will marry him, we are already living together, the marriage thing is just a formality but i am scared of what ifs. what if the moment we get married he starts cheating on me again and i find out? i dont think i have the courage and power to go through that again.

If he is cheating or has further plans to do so, why would he propose marriage > Why not insist first on the pair of you getting into some sessions of marriage counselling, to see what can be sorted out ? Presumably you have found some reasons to stay with him all this time ?

3
Posted by: almost right | 2008-11-11

I agree with the doc...but men are not as logical as they like to think so perhaps he just wants anice wifey at home and then he has you hooked and he can anything he wants

Reply to almost right
Posted by: Anon 2 | 2008-11-10

Ja no. Why are you still with him?? You forgiving him everytime makes him think it is ok. Ag she' ll forgive me. I am sorry, but if you stay with him and you get hurt you have only yourself to blame. Don' t be selfish, think of your kids. Get out of this unstable relationship.

Reply to Anon 2
Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-10

Call me a sceptic, but it sounds like cheating is in his blood, it' s his personality. I wouldn' t trust a guy like that. One day you go for an HIV test for insurance purposes, and you get a positive result....
Nah, a leopard never changes it' s spots. You say that he' s cheated many times?!?! And you are still WITH him?!?!
Wouldn' t trust him.