Question
Posted by: Cecilia | 2008/10/20

ur-Isterate

I have been sterilised (willingly) and have now been prescribed (by the Gynea) Nur-Isterate as I am too small for the Merena to be inserted to stop my periods (on request!). I am worried about the possible depressive moods as a side effect as well as the possible weight gain. I used Menerva till about three months ago (prescribed by the dermatologist). If I am susspetable to depression, would it still be recommended? And how much weight gain? Thank you for assistance!

There is an increased risk of depression with the injectables. Weight gain varies from person to person.