Question
Posted by: Mari | 2012/10/17

Upsetting dream

I had an upsetting dream last night.
So hope you can assist?
I had a dream of snakes. I was wondering on a path and there were snakes hiding (I was not scarred, but aware of all of them), then I came to stairs in the path but there were too many snakes and I called for my husband to come and get rid of them. Here the pictures stop and then I see my cat being attacked by a black and yellow snake (on my bed). My eldest daughter try to get the snake off the cat, but I stop her for it is evident that the snake is vicious. The snake gets its way into my cat and my cat " explode" . I then quickly wrap the cat with the snake in the blanket that is over my bed.

As you can see - very disturbing

Although most people don't want to believe it, most dreams are meaningless and the content rather random, with maybe a couple of elements reflecting something you've been thinking about, especially shortly before going to sleep. Remember, too, you tend to remember, and usually only briefly, only whatever you were dreaming just before you woke, so you have no idea of the content of most of your dreams, unless we hook you up to an EEG which, measuring brain waves, can tell us when you're dreaming, and if we wake you up then, you'll remember whatever dream was underway at that time.
Dreams that are disturbing for us, for any reason, are those we're more likely to be woken by, and thus, to remember.
Its rarely worth putting much weight on any one dream, though if the same type of disturbing dream recors often, it might be worth a thought- and even then, it usually means that you're worried about something, and its more fruitful to think about what in your waking life is troubling you nowadays, than trying to decipger the dream content itself.
And to Anon, interestingly, it CAn be possible at time to influence our dream content, by thinking clearly and repeatedly of a particular content and the better ending we want, either while going to sleep, or even when we wake and are in that dreamy half-awake state. Look up "lucid dreams" on line. I have at times managed to help someone re-visit a nasty dream and give it a better ending.

3

Hi Mari

My gran always use to say dreaming of snakes means you an enemy or enemies. And some people say you must go back and kill the snake. I''m not sure if it''s ever possible to go back into a dream you have just woked up from. Maybe it''s just your subconscious.

Posted by: Rosco | 2012/10/17

Evil spirits you need to visit Sangoma lol.

Reply to Rosco