Posted by: Katie | 2012-05-15

upset stomach

Hello doctor

Since last week Tuesday I have had a runny tummy every morning and in the evenings. It seems to get a bit better during the day but will not go away. I have tried Immodium, even immodium plus and it has not helped. I even took a probiotic tablet last night, still no end. I don''t know what else to do? Over the weekedn I was feeling very nauseous as well and couldn''t eat, but then in the evening I was so hungry. I keep getting pain in my abdomen and under my rib cage and there are all sorts of weird gurgling noises. Do you think I may have a bug? Should I see my doctor? Oh on Thursday I noticed that some long life milk that I had used the previous day had actually expired 10 days before, I had only had it in my morning cereal and threw it out...but I had an upset stomach before I drank the milk as well.
Thank-you for your time

You will have to consult your doctor for a stool analysis. It is possible that your symptoms are due to a bug and that you need a course of antibiotics to clear the infection.