Question
Posted by: nATS | 2008/09/22

Upset Stomach

About a month ago I had a stomach bug that goes along with the usual vomiting and diarrhea. I went to see a doctor who prescribed some antibiotics. I completed the course as prescribed.

The problem is that since then my stomach has not been 100% yet. It is not going regularly, sometimes not for up to three days, and if it is it is almost like diarrhea. When I have been to the bathroom I noticed that I also experience and itchy and burning sensation. I have noticed in the past couple of days that sometimes when I wipe there are specs of blood on the toilet paper. What can I do to get this right? I am starting to get worried as things are not improving.

Dear Nats
Please try and take about a teaspoonful of stool in a clean medicine bottle to your doctor as I really think this must be tested by the lab. You may have a parasite infection that needs very specific treatment. In the meantime take probiotics three times a day. Put some Fissan paste on your bum where it is red and irritated. Avoid rich or oily food.

1
Posted by: Nicky | 2008/09/23

My stomach problem started about 2 months ago. It has not stopped running althought I have been to the Doctor and drank the prescribed medicine. He took a sample and told me that I had a virus. I went back to him and he changed the prescription. Still it does not want to come right. I have now lost faith in my doctor.

Reply to Nicky