Posted by: TIA | 2009-04-20

Upset over Husband

Yesterday was hubbys birthday. I left early to buy stuff so that we can spend the day together.
At 11.30 Hubby says his brother is giving him a braai.
Brother does not speak to me. Brother invited his other brother and nephews to come braai at our house.
We were not told or adked to join in.
I felt very hurt. Especially that mu hubby is sitting and hoime for the last 2 months and not bringing and income. I am the one that is carrying the expenses (we have 2 teen kids) and suddenly ur family turns up and you accept. I felt hurt and dis-respected.
and told my husband so. His family havent been around prior to this or on days when there is no food for the kids.
My husband and his 2 brothers and 2 nephews and two other friends celebrated while m and the 2 kids were left out. I said hubby that we should stick together in good times only because when he has nothing to offer we and only we (myself and kids) are ther with him.
Am I wrong to feel hurt or even say somethingabout this.

Sounds like extremely bad manners on the part of him and his brothers. You need to discuss this calmly with him. To exclude his wife and kids from his borthday celebrations is crude and unkond. Of course it's very undertandable that you were hurt --- but the pair of you need to work through this, perhaps with the aid of a marriage counsellor