Question
Posted by: Vicky | 2010-05-13

Upper Respiratory Infections needing Immunity Boosters

I underwent Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery 4 weeks ago after months of being diagnosed with flu, bronchitis,dental cavities,etc.The ENT is happy with my progress. I currently have to use a decongestant as I''m getting flu(ENT diagnosis) which is affecting my sinuses.My sore throat is now producing green,thick phlegm.I use Avamys spray in the morning, take a Deselex tablet in the evening. I stopped this treatment yesterday as I now have to use Andolex Spray for the sore throat,Iliadin/Betnesol for the nasal congestion and Advil CS for the flu symptoms. I am unfit however try &  eat healthily.What can I do to get better quicker as well as boost my immune system as I seem prone to Upper Respiratory Infections?

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Vicky

From what you are saying, you have had an extensive period of illness, finally followed with surgery. This has clearly taken its toll on your immune system. It will take time for your body to respond to the treatment. You need rest, and to take a lot of fluids, and you should see your surgeon to exclude the possibility of infection (green phlegm).
There are a variety of products on the market to boost immunity, so you should be taking one that has been scientifically tested. Ask your ENT or GP to recommend a product, and check with an expert at a health pharmacy for advice. The reality is that this will take time.
You should also avoid environmental factors such as smoking and air conditioners.

1
Posted by: MICHELLE | 2010-08-31

I HAVE BEEN SICK WITH EAR ACHE FOR MORE THEN 3 WEEKS NOW, TOOK ANTIBIOTICS AND MEDICATION DOES NOT WORK.
SEVERE PAIN IN RIGHT EAR AND LEFT, BLOCK NOSE, PHLEGM ON CHEST WHEN I COUGH IT APPEARS. MY TONSILS IS BLOCK AND IT IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR ME TO SWALLOW. FEEL A LITTLE DEAF IN THE RIGHT EAR DUE TO THAT TALKING VERY LOAD. NOISES (SOFT/LOUD) VERY IRRITATING.

PLEASE ASSIST.

REGARDS

Reply to MICHELLE