Posted by: stephanie | 2011-05-25

upper body weight

please help :(

Hi Stephanie

I'm not sure exactly what you mean? Are you talking about losing weight on the upper body, or doing weight training with the upper body, or toning/gaining weight there?

Posted by: Jojo | 2011-05-27

Hi Stephanie
I am also struggling with upper body weight. I wear only black, navy blue and burgundy on top. Cross-over tops are good as they visuallycut the body and if you buy tops that can be adjusted - good - because as you lose weight, they will continue to fit.
Now, here''s what I''ve been doing. Measure your upper body (shoulders, arms, bust, tummy) and enter into a table. Measure once a week Decrease fat and processed carbs (bread, cake, pastry) and processed protein. Make time to prepare good food for yourself. Drink 2,5l of water a day. Exercise 3 to 4 times a week for 30 minutes. Start with walking if you''re not very fit. then walk and run and walk within 2 weeks. Then run more than you walk. 2 days a week do some weight training - even wall pushes (like push-ups against a wall) is fine.
Keep hunger at bay with ginger, lemon, honey (1 tbs per 2 litres) water. I keep a bottle with me esp in afternoons or at parties. Oats with yoghurt and dried fruit for breakfast. Salad, soup, chicken, fish.
I have lost centimetres and went from 42 to 38 in 3 months but you''ll feel results within a week. Keep me posted - I''m still trying and succeeding. I have lost 10 cm around back/bust, 2 cm on arms, 12 cm around tummy and even my thighs.

Reply to Jojo