Posted by: Beatrice | 2009-10-02

Upper body Toning

Hi doc

Last year I started spinning and I really enjoy it, however I find that there is an imbalance between my upper and lower body. Naturally my legs do tonw faster however I wnat to know what I an do to get my upper body looking just as good.

Hi Beatrice

If you're doing your spinning at the gym, then doing a round on the super circuit would be very effective for the arms. Otherwise, they do have arm-cycles these days, but I've always found those quite awkward to use. My advice is the super circuit, because it's nicely laid out and convenient, but gives you half a dozen arm exercises, including biceps, triceps, shoulders and back, and that's really what you're aiming for. So two days a week, perhaps jump on the super circuit.

If you don't want the circuit, then the other option is to make your own routine using the machines or the free weights. That's pretty easy given the goal is biceps, triceps, shoulders and back. You can do that by seeing one of the trainers on the floor.