Posted by: Esme | 2009-04-15

Upper body rash at irregular intervals

I have been experiencing unusual levels of fatigue which is sometimes accompanied by lightheadedness and an upper body rash that looks a bit like German Measels. The rash has appeared about three times over the last 4 weeks. I am 57 yrs old and have been on HRT for 3 years - premelle 5 and now premelle 2.5. Use no other medication apart from the occasional aspirin or neurofin for headaches and take calcium, Omega3+6 and multivitamins dailly.

Dear Esme
Some viral infections can cause a measles like rash, but it won't come and go, it will be there for a week or so. A rash that comes and goes are often due to an allergy. There are many reasons for fatique - infections, low iron levels, thyroid problems, anemia, depression, low blood sugar or low blood pressure, so rather see your doctor for a proper medical check up.