Question
Posted by: Sinethemba | 2010/12/22

Upper backache

Hi doc,
I have this pain on my upper back, it''s burning and very very painful. I''ve been to the dr, he gave me painkillers and some tablets which he said were for the nerves. I''ve finished the treatment and the pain has started again. What causes it and how can I get it to stop. I''ve changed my sitting position but it''s not helping. It''s also affecting my arm (it gets numb) and I feel needles and pins on my right foot. Please help. The pain is on the right side of my back.

Hallo Sinethemba
You may have a muscle spasm of the back, pinching a nerve. You may need xrays of your back and physiotherapy. If you don't have a medical aid, go to the nearest provincial hospital outpatients and ask for a referral to a physiotherapist.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/12/22

Hallo Sinethemba