Posted by: Basy | 2009-04-14

Upper back pain when I swallow

I have been having this deep pain everytime I swallow solid food. it started on monday and still continues today (tuesday).
the pain lasts for a second or 2. I can almost feel it on my chest as well (thought not much).
I still feel it even when I am not swallowing. just a bit.

I thought it could be a back muscle but then I haven' t done anything in the past 2days that could have hurt my back.
went to gym on Saturday though.

is this something serious or will it go away by itself?

Dear Basy
Rather let your doctor have a look, you may need to go for a scope to see if you have an injury or ulcer of the esophagus if he can see nothing with a normal examination. It can in rare cases be a sign of cancer so rather be safe than sorry.