Question
Posted by: Leah | 2011/03/10

Update: Unfaithful Partner

I got to know of the other man through my friend whose sister in law works with the woman my husband is cheating with. I also discovered that this woman is engaged to someone, whom she claims was abusive  and she is still in contact with the fiancé e bcoz they share a house together and he is always out of town due to his work. I got to know of my husband’ s affair with the woman by going through his cellphone bcoz of his strange behaviour, and I learned that this woman was projecting herself as a venerable, needy and abused woman who needed to be protected and rescued. I realised that my husband felt he is responsible for protecting her and I don’ t know if it would make any difference if I let him know about the other men or contact the other lovers.

It might be useful were he to learn about the broader picture, rather than relying on her strartegic appeals for support and help. ANd remind him that protecting her does not require sexual activity of any sort

3

Posted by: Gee Whiz | 2011/03/10

Yes, the HIV test is important for sure, mainly to reassure yourself that you are OK, but I would keep him out of my bed. You cannot demean yourself by allowing him to sleep with anyone else AND with you. That is simply out of the question. You have to maintain your self respect and sleeping with him just makes you a fool. This realtionship is going nowhere, get away from him without delay.If you are able to make his life difficult, tell whoever can make it so, what he is up to and what a rotter he is.

Reply to Gee Whiz
Posted by: No | 2011/03/10

Your scope is to address the fact that your husband is cheating on you. That is what you need to bring up with hom. What this other does with other people other than your husband, she must live with the consequences thereof. Sort out that your husband is busy on the side, and get him to do an HIV test before you can say all is well.

Reply to No