Question
Posted by: Tarina | 2008/06/18

update on affair

Last week i emailed in telling you about a husband who was having an affair, and wanting advice on if and how i should tell his wife. Most of the responses i received from the forum told me that i should let her know. I did feel shitty sending the annon sms, but i felt she had to know what was going on behind her back.

Well i sent an annon sms letting her know about the affair, and she sent one back saying that i was a coward. Anyway I found out today from a friend that her husband did indeed confessed to the affair. They are apparently giving their marriage another go and going for councelling. I wish her all the luck.

SO in the end it has been helpful. I'd guess that her first "coward" response was in the heat of the moment before she thought it over --- they must see a marriage counsellor, as they're unlikely to sort this out effectively on their own. Don't feel bad about it --- you did a good deed and helped two people

2
Posted by: Lin | 2008/06/18

She probably called you a coward because she was embarrassed and hurt. So lashing out at someone unknown lets you feel better for a while.
I'm glad they are trying again with the help of counselling.
You did what you felt you had to, so don't feel bad about it.

Reply to Lin
Posted by: Angela | 2008/06/18

I dont know why she would call you a coward. If my husband was having an affair I would thank you for letting me know. I let someone know about her husband having an affair and she couldn't thank me enough - it was just the 'excuse' she was waiting for to file for divorce. Apparently she was sick of him but didn't want to hurt his feelings so when she found out about the affair, she was ecstatic and it gave her good reason to say bye-bye. Both of us went out a couple of times afterwards to laugh about it and celebrate.

Reply to Angela