Question
Posted by: Eugene | 2011-02-22

Update Nr 2 on burning skin sensations

Just wanted to let you know I got my blood results back. Everything seems ok (cholesterol a bit high and liver function a bit elevated - gilbert syndrome). One thing that did come back as a surprise is that my IgE levels are elavated. And it came back positive that I''m allergic to grains, peanuts and dairy. They need to do more specific tests to determine what of each group exactly.

I find this interesting as my symptoms are consistent with allergic reactions and I did some reading up and it seems Interstitial cystitis can also be caused by food allergies.

The only problem is that my doctor is not clued up on this. The suggested an antihistamine.

So maybe there is hope after all.

Hi Eugene ! Hmm. Interesting results. I remember Gilbert's syndrome, which usually causes no problems. The IgE and allergies are interesting. Wouldn't it be grand if dealing directly with the allergies might clear things up fvor you ! Nowadays there are antihistamines that don't make one sleepy ( the older ones I'm particularly sensitive to, and they have me snoring quite quickly and very inconveniently ).
And depending on the allergies, you can both try to avoid the allergens and it may be possible to use desensitizing procedures to reduce the allergies themselves.
Hope this works out for you

1

Hope this works out for you