Posted by: Kasandra | 2013-02-01

Hello Cybie

Just a hello, things are going well here in cape town. I have never realised how much motherhood would change me, I really feared it for so long but it def taught me to embrace my fears cause in the end I might just impress myself.

My little angle is almost 9 months old. She is doing well and I am so grateful to have this joy in my life.

Struggle a bit to juggle time between my husband and my baby but I know that will also balance itself out.

I went through my photo album the other day and I could hardly recognise the person I was, what a journey to arrive at the place in my life I am now.

All this time I thought i was looking for something or someone when all this time, I was just looking to find myself.

Have a wonderful weekend

Hi Kas,
Having impressed the rest of us, go right ahead and impress yourself ! Delighted to hear you have not merely found yourself, but found out how well worth finding, you are !

Posted by: Kasandra | 2013-02-01

hi sarah sorry for replying so late, i am 34 by the way, the idea of having a baby scared me - why i waited so long, i didnt know much about how to deal with babies as i didnt have contact with a lot of babies around me, didnt even know the basics like how to change a nappy etc.

i also just jump into the deep end and faced my fears. first of all when you fall pregnant your babies needs already comes first, for me giving up all medicines and alcohol for 9 months really also showed me a lot about my personality and that i really dont need these elements in my life.

I am not going to sugar coat it the first few months when baby is born its tough, it is all about them, but its true what they say, mother instincts kick in and you just bond with that little bundle. Its all about them but thats how it should be.

I thought I would miss going out etc but to be honest with you I dont there is no bigger joy for me than spending precious time with my daughter.

They really just complete you, its hard to explain the feeling.

Putting her first will just become natural...and your life dont have to stop, it will just begin.

Its not always easy but just make sure you have family and friends supporting you and everything will be fine.

if you want to email me my address is skoffeldrakie at yahoo dot com

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: Sarah | 2013-02-01

Hi there Kasandra,

I am happy to hear that all is going well and that baby is healthy and doing well.

I am planning to fall preggies soon, but I am TERRIFIED! Is it as hard as I think it is?

I am 35, so I am used to doing what I want to do and when I want to do it. I know the baby will change my life and I am scared that I can''t adjust to putting someone else (the baby) first when I am so used to just basically looking after myself.

Is it a HUGE adjustment?

Thank you :)

Reply to Sarah