Question
Posted by: Annie | 2013-01-21

update

I see Nini and Amy were looking for me.... we had such a crazy time..... Our little boy was born on the 11th of December 2012.
And I ended up working until 6pm on Dec 3rd.... left us with very few days to prepare our home.... and very little sleep - I''ll post this with my birth story...

Anyway, the first 3 weeks baby boy was crying so much. And Cristmas was full of social appointments that I wanted to avoid and DH wanted to attend with his family.... and I had like 2 to 3 hours of sleep per night. And NO routine because of all the outings.

I ended up sending everyone in my contactlist a new years message asking for help to get a baby to sleep....

A friend replied - have I tried supplimentary bottle - I am breastfeeding.
And then I realised: my mom told me with LG if a baby cries AFTER feeds he is getting too much milk  if he cries BEFORE a feed he is getting to little. At that stage LB was dringking about 40 minutes at a time - that is how much he wanted!
LG always drank only 10 minutes at one breast and 4 to 5 hours later 10 minutes at the other.
So late afternoon on the 1st of January my little boy started on his diet - and it got better immediately. He cried a bit because he wanted to drink more but fell asleep much easier than with a over-full tummy. The next day we also decided the might be claustrofobic and took him out of the carry cot (used to sleep in carry cot next to our bed) Since he is sleeping very good at night.
During the day he normally stays awake for 3 hours straight at some point and dont sleep directly after a feed. Feeds are between 3 and 4 hours.
After bathtime its normally 5 to 6 hours before the next feed, I dont switch on any lights, put on a clean nappy, feed and burp and put him in his bed. And his is happy to go back to sleep. 4 to 5 hours later (between 5am and 7am) he''ll wake and feed and then stay awake for a while.

Bedags word hy wel soms aan die slaap gesus of in sy stootkar gestoot tot hy slaap.

LG loves her brother. Speel net rof! And then tantrums interferes with his sleep sometimes..... I think she gets much more attention then her baby brother. I feel guilty towards him....

Going for my 6week appointment on wednesday, but I am sure I have " healed"  much quicker than with LG.